Welcome to ENGR160!


Photo Credit, Arthur Pierson
Second semester first-year, here. My name is Christina Holman and welcome to my engineering portfolio. If you click on the About Me, you can read even more about why I have this blog.

With a start of a new semester, I am starting ENGR160 Fundamentals of Engineering, and I am excited -- ecstatic rather -- to take my second academic step towards becoming an engineer. Whereas Product Creation for All -- the first-year seminar I took with Prof. Banzaert last semester -- was a simple introduction to design concepts and an exploration for all, Fundamentals of Engineering covers exactly what it says: the fundamentals. If I master those, it really means I have a foundation to build on.

I never shy away from telling people about my dream and my love for applied physics/engineering: I am a prospective dual major in Economics and (Electrical) Engineering. I absolutely plan on pursuing either the MIT or Olin engineering program, while covering the requirements for the economics degree from Wellesley. (A lot of people don't know of the program, but I hope that that bit of information inspires you to look more into it.) I cannot wait to collaborate with a new group of classmates and expand my creativity skills as well as my technical skills. What's more, I am absolutely ready to tackle my first assignment: laser-cut bottle openers.

Interesting facts about myself: I'm a coffee addict, I have one younger sister and I love classic films (black-and-white, musicals, all the works)

(As this post was drafted a while ago, it has been slightly updated to reflect present feelings.)

Comments

  1. Glad to have you back in my class and have the opportunity to dig deeper into engineering concepts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laser-Cut Bottle Opener (3 of 3)

Truss Design 02

Introduction to My Product